Day 80 - Thursday 7th September 2017

It was Jack's first full day back at school today.... he's officially a big boy now! We had some breakfast and then went over to see Theo who was feeling much better after his ROP yesterday..... he was still really sleepy though as Jack read him a morning story. I took Jack to school and was almost late again due to the traffic..... we live over the road from Jack's school so it takes him 2 minutes to walk there usually! I'll be glad when I don't have to drive him there from the hospital anymore in rubbish traffic.... and it's only been 2 days! I went to the office and started working on the bid.... having read through the 100,000 word clarifications spreadsheet last night, I have decided to change a few of my answers, as the questions were not very clear..... this bid is definitely going to take out a lot of training providers, old and new! I'm pretty confident I've wrote a good bid though!! I picked Jack up at 4pm and took him back to the office. I needed to stop late again tonight with the CCTV guy as he still hasn't finished sorting the external lights out.... The homecoming surprise is turning in to a disaster! Nobody has turned up again except for the kitchen fitter..... I seriously think I'm going to run out of time! Jack and I got back to see Theo about 9pm and we both had some cuddles...... he's still doing really well. Lisa is looking really tired.... I need to let her rest once I have finished the bid and I need to spend more time with Theo. He had another eye test today and his eyes have got worse. He now has grade two ROP in both eyes 🙁 Hopefully they will get better once he comes off the oxygen and he won't have any lasting damage 😢 I took Jack back to RMH at about 10:30pm and I stayed up until about 2:30am finishing off the bid for my main company.... I was finally happy with it so submitted it with 9 1/2 hours to spare .... 😁👍 it has been the biggest bid I have ever seen in this industry and I've been in the industry for the last 10 years!! Nevertheless the bid that will take us to the next level as a direct government contract holder is in, so fingers crossed.... I will find out in November. 

Lisa came in about 12:30 looking shattered and went straight to sleep 😴😴😴 she said that the night nurse was lovely and that I should take some treats over, but I was far too busy. Thanks for reading, please share this blog with everyone you know to extend it's reach.... Subscribe to our page to receive a notification of the next blog.... You can donate to our two amazing charities at:

#StMarysNICUManchester #Theosnicujourney #RonaldMcDonaldHouseManchester