Day 19 - Saturday 8th July 2017

I had a lie in today..... I didn't wake up until 8:20am..... I didn't even hear Lisa expressing or getting ready to go over to see Theo at 5am...... I was well out of it..... I must have really needed it! I spent 20 minutes cleaning our room before going over for the Ward round. Lisa had been there since 6am! She would have still only been 28 weeks pregnant today.... As soon as I got there the doctor arrived at Theo's incubator for the ward round (cracking timing!!). We discussed Theo's progress.... they confirmed that the Ibruprofin had worked and had almost closed the duct in his heart, so they were going to try and wean him off his ventilator over the next few days..... and so it begins! He's been down to 20 breaths per minute on his ventilator for most of the day and has handled it really well 😃😃 he's doing great..... I'm so proud of him ❤❤❤ Lisa's mum and dad arrived back from Australia this morning and came to the hospital to see us. Lisa had a bit of a cry but not as much as I was expecting...... we all had a good chat in the kitchen at RMH about what had happened to date with Theo, and about their time in Australia with Lisa's younger sister and our new ausie nephew. We all then went over to the NICU to see Theo for a while and then Lisa's mum and dad went home to bed..... We had a really nice nurse on again today so I tried to get Lisa to go out around the corner for a proper meal, but she wanted to stay with Theo so we settled for a takeaway instead 🙈 Super proud of my little solider! He's doing really well..... we just need to get him to breath for himself and come off the ventilator...... I dont want them to rush it though..... slow and steady wins the race ❤❤ ❤❤ Thanks for reading, please share this blog with everyone you know to extend it's reach.... Subscribe to our page to receive a notification of the next blog.... You can donate to our two amazing charities at:

#Theosnicujourney #RonaldMcDonaldHouseManchester #StMarysNICUManchester